|Complete List of Pet Articles @ PetManiacs.com | Home|
Tips For Traveling With Your Dog
Wether it be on a vacation to your favorite resort, or just visiting the in-laws for the weekend, many people are choosing to take their dogs with them when traveling. Land or air, there are many things to take into consideration. The best advice is simple; be prepared. Below are some great tips for traveling by air and land.
Tips on preparing rover for air travel
Unless your dog is a frequent flyer, air travel is likely to be a very stressful experience, so you might want to think twice about subjecting them to the friendly sky . Each airline is going to have their own set of rules for traveling pets. Be sure to know the details prior to making any arrangements.
- Have your vet sign a document (health certificate), stating that your dog is healthy, and free of disease.
- Make sure he is up-to-date with a flea tic program
- Do not feed your pet within 6 hours (some wait even longer) prior to departure. And no water 2 hours before takeoff.
- Make sure you have proper identifaction tags on him. This includes his name, and ALL your information...address phone number
- You MUST provide an adequate crate for you dog to travel in. The crate must be big enough for rover to stand in, free of any "debris,"and strong enough to withstand the rigors of travel. Be sure to check with your airline for more specific requirement.
- Attach a note to the crate stating your dogs feeding and water requirements in the event that your flight is delayed or diverted.
- Carry a photograph of your dog incase he is accidently lost. Finding your dog will be a lot easier for everyone if you have a picture.
Traveling by car
- keep your dog leashed whenever possible.
- Pack ID and a photo. Make sure your rover has his ID tags, with all important contact information (up to date). Along with his tags, make sure you have paperwork with current vaccinations and important health notes.
- Book your lodgings ahead. If your road trip involves staying overnight somewhere, insure that your accommodations allow dogs
- Is your dog ready for a long trip? If your dog is not use to long road trips it might be a good idea to get him accustomed to being in the car longer than a trip to the grocery store..
- Keep your dog cool. If you don't have air conditioning in the car, make sure you have a window down to let in fresh cool air.
Traveling with your four legged pal makes a great trip even better. If you follow these basic guidelines and educate yourself on rules and regulations for traveling and accommodations, you will have a great memory of your trip, that will last a lifetime.
Here are some great resources for info on dog friendly destinations.
For more great articles and tons of other great info visit our Dog forum, visit Ron's blog or visit our Pet blog
What You Need To Know To Keep Your Dog Safe In Your Car
Man's Best Friend is a great companion around the home, but Rover will love joining you on road trips - short or long - as well. If you've tried taking your dog along in the car before and met with bad results, don't give up.
Setting Up A New Aquarium
Location of your aquariumSo, you bought your very first fish tank. And you probably already decided where to place it.
It is always sad when a beloved animal family member leaves their body and goes into spirit. We call this death, but truly, no one dies.
Do You Know What You Are REALLY Feeding Your Pet?
When looking for the best dog food - consider Life's Abundance. The "best food for dogs" are not all created equal.
How To Set Up A Quarantine Tank For Tropical Fish
Do I Need A Quarantine Tank?Ah, yes, the often dismissed but very necessary part of the tropical fish hobby, the infamous quarantine tank. Do you really need one to be successful in this hobby?For freshwater fish you may be able to get by without having one.
Do You Know About Boxer Dogs?
Boxer Dogs Information - What Are Boxer Dogs? Boxer dogs are great all around dog breeds, distinguished canine and the coolest, most lovable dog out there! Boxer Dogs are medium-built and strong breed that are so named because of its habit of standing on the hind legs to begin a fight and boxing with the front paws. By nature, Boxer dogs are working dogs.
Dogs - Mans Best Friend
Dogs have been known as man's best friend for decades. Owning a dog can be a positive, enjoyable experience for the entire family.
First Aid for Felines - How to Keep Your Car Safe from Harm
Cats are known for their curious and adventurous nature. Curiosity doesn't always kill the cat, but can often cause injury.
4 Ways In Which You Can Show Your Dog How Much You Love Him
Do you have at least one framed photo of your dog somewhere in your house..
What Dog Owners Need To Know About Dog Crate Training
Why should you use the dog crate training method?Is the dog crate training method humane?You may look at a dog crate and find it doesn't inspire much confidence. Don't be too quick to judge, the dog training method is highly effective.
Why Does My Dog Have Bad Breath?
"Doggy breath" - that unpleasant odor emanating from the mouths of Rover and Boomer - can be a signal of serious health problems.A dog's mouth is his primary means of contact with the world around him.
Pet Services Are A Multi-Billion-Dollar Industry
There are many of us who consider our pets as part of the family, and this is evidenced by a recent statistic that states 65% of all U.S.
Pets: The Wild Kind
Just because we moved out to the country a couple years back does NOT mean we want to run a farm. Tending to animals is just not how we want to spend our time.
The Optimum Cichlid Aquarium Set Up
The groups of fishes commonly referred to as Cichlids, comprise a vast group of, generally larger and more aggressive fishes from Africa and South and Central America with a few species being found in Asia. They offer such a large variety of bright colors, shapes and habits that they have become one of the most popular fishes kept by hobbyist's world wide.
Pet Loss: Should You Clone Your Cat?
Clone a Cat, Go To Jail ..
Dog Training Basics
All positive commands should be spoken sharply and distinctly during training. Make sure you also use a positive tone.
Online Guide For Training A Dog
Guide for training a dogSo you can use a guide for training a dog. At one time or another we all did.
Dog Breeds for Allergy Sufferers
Allergies to dogs can strike anyone at any age, yet with how attached most owners are to their dogs, they seem to chose living with their allergies rather then giving up their beloved pets.If you find yourself getting congested or suffering a runny nose, itchy nose, sneezing, itchy and watery eyes, coughing, sore throat, skin rashes or hives, headaches, fatigue, difficulties breathing, or asthma symptoms when you're around dogs, then you probably have allergies.
Dog Travel - Taking a Vacation with Your Dog
Like most dog owners, you probably take your dog with you on weekend excursions and trips to the country. When it comes time to take a longer vacation, however, we always face the dilemma of what to do with Fido.
Why The Horses Eyes Are So Important When Training Him!
They say the eyes are are the gateway to the soul. When it was said, they were referring to us humans.
PetManiacs.com's Free! Pet Classified Ads
Click here to Post your ads | View by Location | View by Subject
Click here to Post your ads | View by Location | View by Subject
Pet Website Owners Wanted
Pet Maniacs home | site map | Pet Article List