|Complete List of Pet Articles @ PetManiacs.com | Home|
What Your Cat Wants You To Know
If your feline friend could speak your language, here a few things she would probably like you to know.
1) I am the boss of you. Get used to it. I decide when I want your company. I am not a dog who relies on you to make these choices in our relationship.
2) I am fenicky. I like the food I like and I will not eat the cheap stuff. I prefer to have the nasty, overnight water left in my dish dumped first thing in the morning. If you cannot accommodate this need, Do Not Yell At Me when you see me desperately dipping my head into the toilet for some fresh water. Believe me, it's not something I Want To Be Doing - But If You Don't Take Care Of Me Properly - I simply have no choice.
3) I like my space. I choose my space. I pick special places through out Our House to lay in the sun, take my afternoon nap, relax after dinner etc... Deal with it. Do not expect me to clean up my own hair. I cannot help it if I shed on your precious sofa, and I personally don't really care if I leave a little bit of me behind on my Favorite places.
4) I do not want to have a new "sister" or "brother" ie: feline relative. If they came to live with you when I did that's fine. If you're trying to improve the quality of my life by giving me a new friend, Forget About It... I don't want one. I like being the Queen/King of Our Domain. I do not want to share my palace with anyone.
5) I like you and I like your children (or most of them). But I chose when I want to be bothered with the youngsters. Please do not push them on me when I'm clearly not in the mood to play, which consequently results in me being forced to let them know I do not want interact with them in the only way I know how - by hissing, scratching, or trying to run away. My actions inevitably lead to you yelling at me for showing my feelings. So we could make life much simpler, if You prevented this whole scenario from the start.
6) I have certain innate needs - like the need for something to scratch - Please make both of our lives easier by getting me something just for this purpose... So I do not have to resort to using the back of the chair, the carpet, the comforter or the front porch screen (which will definitely result in you having to Yell at me yet once more for something that I have a natural desire to do...)
7) Remember You picked me. You decided to bring me into your home. I did not pick you. I had no choice. Yet I treat you with respect and love, thus you should treat me equally as well...
Resource Box - © Danielle Hollister (2004) is the Publisher of BellaOnline Quotations Zine - A free newsletter for quote lovers featuring more than 10,000 quotations in dozens of categories like - love, friendship, children, inspiration, success, wisdom, family, life, and many more. Read it online at - http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art8364.asp
How Cats With Feline Diabetes Can Lead A Happy Life
"Your cat has feline diabetes." If this is your vet's message after examining your beloved friend, it will come as a shock.
The Top Ten Reasons You Can - And Should - Hold an Equine Educational Event
Boarding, Breeding, Training & Showing Stables:1. You need to fill stalls.
Positive Dog Training Methods
Dog training can provide a tremendous amount of satisfaction. Every dog should know at least the basics for living with people: come, sit, stay, don't jump up on people, and so on.
Choose a Vet Who Cares About Your Pet!
Lots of folks are picky about their vet, and for good reason. You don't want some insensitive clod messing around with your precious pooch, especially if he or she is in a fragile state due to illness or injury.
The Story Of My Amazing Dog Shandy
This is the story of my dog called Shandy. He was my favourite pet and he was very lively, lots of fun and very obedient.
The Artful Dog Shopper
I am a dog lover by nature. I have just alwaysloved the little four legged fur balls.
West Highland White Terrier - How To Capture the Best Pictures of Your Westies
For most West Highland White Terrier owners, the dog is a beloved member of the family. Like your children, you will want to capture pictures of your Westies from the time they are puppies until they are old-timers.
Train Your Dog To Be Your Frisbee Playing Buddy
On the surface playing Frisbee with your dog may seem like just a bit of fun, but this activity actually holds other benefits as well.1.
Stop Cat Scratching Today!
Your new living room furniture is in tatters. Your nerves are frayed.
Natural Horsemanship Patientis: The 4th Of 6 Keys To Developing A Partnership With Your Horse
The 4th Of 6 Keys To Building A Life Long Partnership With YourHorse.In Natural Horsemanship, being patient/tolerant means takingthe time do it right so you won't have to go back and do itagain and again.
5 Things You Must Do If You Want To Create a First Aid Kit For Your Family
1. Accidents and medical emergencies in the home happen frequently.
What is Canine Bloat?Bloat refers to the bloating of the stomach. Essentially it is a build up of gas in the stomach which is unable to be released.
Dog Behavior Training: Methods of Working with a Shy Dog
Shy dogs are more common than most people think, but unfortunately many dogs who suffer from this affliction are never seen by the general public because of their impairment. Shy dogs range from those who scurry away when someone walks by, to those who bite when approached.
Providing The Best Care For Your Goldfish
Goldfish care is critical for the health of your goldfish. Unfortunately, goldfish are very vulnerable to disease, with young goldfish even more so.
Lemon Tetra - A Perfect Addition for Your Community Aquarium
Lemon TetraGlassily transparent, the lemon tetra (hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis) could appear to be just a sunbeam flashing through your community tank if not for background elements like plants and driftwood. Another member of the large characin clan, the lemon tetra has a fairly elongated body like its smaller relative the neon tetra and like neons and other characins, the lemon tetra does best if kept in small schools of six to eight fish.
How to Raise a Healthy Kitten
Selecting a Kitten It is best to choose your kitten from the whole litter, choose the frisky playful, friendly kitten that is confident and happy to approach you rather than the one that hangs back and is shy. The best time to take your kitten home is between 7 and 8 weeks old.
Dealing With Canine Ringworm
Ringworm is an annoying, highly contagious fungal disorder that is curable. The problem with this disorder is that there are 35 different species of ringworm that can affect cats, dogs and be transmitted to humans as well.
Dog Vaccinations - What You Need to Know to Protect Your Dog
Almost all communities in the U.S.
Dog Boutiques - Perfect Pampering for Your Pooch!
Believe it or not boutiques for dogs are everywhere. Nowadays, pampering your dog is just as important as pampering yourself.
10 Reasons Why Your Cat Loves You
There are plenty of reasons why your cat loves you. Ten of the main reasons are listed below.
PetManiacs.com's Free! Pet Classified Ads
Click here to Post your ads | View by Location | View by Subject
Click here to Post your ads | View by Location | View by Subject
Pet Website Owners Wanted
Pet Maniacs home | site map | Pet Article List