|Complete List of Pet Articles @ PetManiacs.com | Home|
Who Let The Dogs Out? Pointers For In Home Dog Training
Who let the dogs out?
Remember this song which gave birth to a rather popular phrase some years back? Perhaps, its fame can be traced to how it struck a cord on our collective subconscious. After all, not a few of us fear the warpath of dogs gone wild. Tattered items, shredded clothes, ruined furniture? unruly dogs spare nothing, it seems.
Those adorable canine creatures may appear as angels before our eyes, what with their wagging tails and hanging tongues, but many of us know what a bundle of bedlam they could really be.
Thankfully, dog house training has been perfected into a science in recent years. Dog house training seeks to instill discipline and good behavior upon our dogs through lessons that are carried out in a variety of ways. A dog owner can even choose between conducting dog house training himself, and enrolling his dog to a dog obedience training school.
In home dog training requires that the owner consider a few factors before proceeding.
1. Temperaments of the dog. In home dog training would still keep the dog confined at home. Hence, his general behavior should be considered. Throughout the various stages of dog house training, your canine friend would have to go through a rather emotional ride. If your dog is the sensitive type, you might want to adjust some of the in home dog training exercises to fit complement his attitude.
2. Size of the house. In home dog training would have to utilize the space available inside the house, or the immediate vicinity. This requirement is often overlooked, resulting in poor optimization of the benefits of a dog house training program. Make sure that there is a space large enough to host the activities involved in dog house training.
3. Available materials. Some recommended paraphernalia are needed in conducting in home dog training. Most of them can be bought, but not all of us have the resources to purchase them. Of course we could always improvise. But would you have the manual dexterity as well as the basic skills to fabricate some of these equipments?
4. Do you have the time? In home dog training will require some substantial investment from you, mostly in terms of time. Will you be able to postpone some of life's other demands to conduct dog house training for your buddy? If you don't, in home dog training might just be left abandoned and would be rendered as an exercise in futility.
5. Do you have the patience? Your dog might prove uncooperative with certain activities. Will you have the tolerance level to deal with him then? In home dog training is not for everyone. If you feel you're not up to it, you cold always seek the help of experts. Remember, dog house training is a more affordable option, but is not necessarily the easier route to take.
With the proper in home dog training, it is guaranteed that you'll be singing the line "who let the dogs out" with glee rather than fear.
Ewen Chia is the owner of TrainingDog.org,which specializes in providing 100% free dog training information and resources fordog owners and lovers! Go here for more details:http://www.TrainingDog.org
Why Dont I Understand My Dog?
I have encountered folks who have complained to me about their numerous (dog) behavior problems. And interestingly enough, I usually discover that most of the behavioral problems are linked to a common factor.
A Guide to Bird Cages for Sale
As overwhelming as picking out a pet bird can be, picking a bird cage can be even more so. There are so many options available.
Horse Training Creativeness: The 5th Of 6 Keys To Developing A Partnership With Your Horse
The 6 Keys To Building A Life Long Partnership With YourHorse.Today I am going to ask you to think about being creative when playing with your horse.
Train Your Buddy To "Walk" & "Dance" - Warning: Not All Dogs Can Do It!
Standing and walking on the hind legs are tricks that put an abnormal strain upon the muscles of the back and hind legs and most dogs require considerable practice before they gain sufficient control of those muscles to balance themselves in this unnatural position.Before you rush into teaching this trick, bear in mind that not all dogs can do this trick, especially the big dogs such as St.
Pet Friendly Vacations - 10 Tips for Hassle-Free Travel with Your Pet
Pet friendly vacations and travel planning make sense -- after all, pets are family members too! In the United States alone, over 60 million households have one or more pets. Pet owners in 15 million of those households travel with their pet, and the majority stay in pet friendly lodging.
Westie Merchandise that Benefits your Dog
There are many places to find Westie merchandise, but before you make a purchase for yourself or your Westie, consider first a retailer or non-profit organization that uses sales of Westie merchandise to benefit the breed.WestieMed, Inc.
Heartworm Treatment for Cats and Dogs
The treatment for heartworms is different for cats and dogs. Do not ever give medicine intended for a cat to your dog or vice versa.
The Benefits of Large Birdcages
We've all heard the phrase, "Free as a bird." In the wild, birds are free, flying from tree to tree in effortless abandon.
Do They Really Need a Dog Bed?
When Lucky was starting to show signs of aging,we were concerned about her comfort. Shewould have a hard time getting up in the morning.
How to Buy a Purebred Dog
If you decide you want a purebred, make sure it's because you love the breed since purebreds are often not as resilient as mixed breeds. Consider carefully why you want a purebred.
Understanding Psychology Of Dog Training: Pack Behavior & Establishing Control
Dogs are descendent of wolves. To study the psychology of dog training and understand the pack hierarchal system of dogs, we must go back and examine their ancestor - wolves.
The Fun of Do It Yourself Snake and other Reptile Cages
Are you nuts? You think banging your finger with a hammer is fun? No, I don't. But building your own snake and other reptile cages can be a fun and rewarding experience.
Does Your Dog Bite? How to Protect Your Dog and Yourself from Liability
MuttShack Foundation for Animal Foster and Rescue, claim that dogs bite more than 4.7 million people every year in the United States.
Dealing with a Dog Food Allergy?
Just as humans allergies can show up as a sneeze or rash, your dog's allergies can manifest as itchiness -- or even ear infections. In fact, if your dog's allergic to his food, it can cause him to scratch himself constantly, even with no obvious parasite problem.
Kittens Are Just The Cutest Things
Is there anything more cute and cuddly than tiny little kittens? They're small and light. Cats kittens, they're fragile yet so curious and inquisitive.
Online Guide For Training A Dog
Guide for training a dogSo you can use a guide for training a dog. At one time or another we all did.
PH Levels in The Discus Tank
Because it is imperative that discus fish have optimal water conditions, much has been written about this subject, This is the plan put in place to insure proper PH water levels in our hatchery.Allnut Enterprises' breeder, Nick Lockhart of Noblesville, Indiana, has many ingenious ideas as to how to accomplish things in the hatchery.
Why Exotic Pets Should Not Be Banned
We all know how special interest groups can blow things out of proportion - like the nonexistent "Exotic Pet Crisis." If you listened to some animal rights groups, you'd think keeping exotic pets is cruel, dangerous, and even bordering on treason! Before you buy that agenda, consider that a junior high student once made a convincing case for banning dihydrogen monoxide: colorless, odorless, and tasteless, it kills thousands of people every year.
Mommy, Can I Keep That Stray Dog?
How many times have you seen this situation where a child comes through the door with a dog in tow? It looks skinny and skittish and is in need of a good meal and a bath. The child is looking with big eyes imploring, pleading, and desperately wanting a yes.
How To Keep Your Dog Safe in the 21st Century
For thousands of years, dogs have been "man's best friend." Dog-loving humans have tried to keep their pets safe in return.
PetManiacs.com's Free! Pet Classified Ads
Click here to Post your ads | View by Location | View by Subject
Click here to Post your ads | View by Location | View by Subject
Pet Website Owners Wanted
Pet Maniacs home | site map | Pet Article List