|Complete List of Pet Articles @ PetManiacs.com | Home|
Dog Behavior Problems: Help! My Dog is a Nuisance When he Misbehaves!
How many times have I hear fellow dog owners say, "I hate it when he barks non stop? or he utterly embarrassed me when he mounts people's leg". Dog owners usually have no problems to fill in tons of their dog behavioral problems into the above statements.
I have to admit that I feel disappointed, even sad whenever I hear dog owners say that statement. Why? Because, these owners have failed to see things from their dog's prospective! To put it simply, I should say that they don't understand their dogs at all.
Dogs do not misbehave because they're spiteful, or are out to annoy or anger you. They just behave in a manner which is expected of a dog!
The fact is that dog behavioral problems that we can't stand are not problems at all to the dogs. In fact, do you know that dogs "misbehave" for a reason or two? To list a few:
1. Dogs bark because they have something to say, something to tell you.
2. Dogs dig because they smell something underneath the ground.
3. Dogs chew because they are teething and are feeling uncomfortable.
4. Dogs chase after moving objects because they are following its instinct.
5. Dogs turn aggressive because they want to protect you.
For your information, most dogs actually misbehaved (in our eyes) because of the lack of care, concern and training from their very own owners:
1. Health Issue - Many behaviorists & dog trainers believe that at least 20% of all behavior problems are related to the dog's health in some way or another. For all that you might know. Your dog could be misbehaving because he is sick or in pain. Bring him to the vet for a thorough check-up if he misbehaves suddenly when he has always been a good dog.
2. Imbalance Diet - Feeding your dog the wrong food, with too high in protein, fat or carbohydrates is known to cause hyperactivity. Sugars, starches and many other factors in your dog's diet can also cause behavioral problems in your dog. Always read the label of the food before you feed him, seek advice if necessary. Remember that dogs need different type of food in different stages of their life.
3. Exercise - Lack of exercise also cause plentiful of problems. A dog that doesn't get enough exercise is unhealthy and tends to be hyperactive, and display destructive behaviors. Dogs depending on breed type need plentiful of exercises - Do consider this factor before you get a puppy.
4. Lack of Leadership -I can't stress enough on the importance of the leadership issue. Dogs display TONS of behavioral problems when they lack a leader. Aggressive & destructive behaviors, leg lifting, marking, mounting, barking & etc? It's very important that you assume the role of the alpha leader!
You must understand that all dog develop behavior problems. These dog behavior problems never develop in a vacuum. They are always the outcome of the interaction between a dog and its environment, including you! Most canine behavioral problems can be controlled if not solved completely. You just got to put in some effort and understand that prevention is better than cure.
Lastly, do try to see and comprehend things from your dog's prospective the next time your dog misbehaves. You'll soon find that you love him even more!
About the Author:
Moses Chia is a dog lover and owner ofDogsObedienceTraining.com - The dog training resource site for a happier and healthier dog.
You are welcome to reprint this article if you keep the content and live link intact.
Those Amazing Dog Noses -- Fun Facts About A Chilly Little Organ
If you thought dog noses were just a source of smeary prints on your windows, think again!========How Nose Prints save dog's lives======Nose prints are used to identify dogs in the same way finger prints are used to identify human beings. Breeders and trainers keep a dog's nose prints on file as part of its permanent record and insurance companies now require them whenever a dog is to be bonded.
5 Common Grooming Mistakes Made by Dog Owners
1. Clipping the quick when cutting nails.
Small Dogs - Different Breeds, Different Personalities
Small dog breeds are great pets, but since their personalities are all different, it's a good idea to look at their individual characteristics to see if they fit with your lifestyle.Pomeranians:Pomeranians developed from a much larger dog breed and seem to have retained the mellow character.
The Different Breeds Of Dogs
The American Kennel Club recognizes 150 different dog breeds. There are seven different groups in which the dog can belong.
Dont Let Ticks Ruin Your Dogs Good Time!
Nobody likes ticks.In fact, when it comes to ticks I can't think of a single redeeming quality.
Herbs For Your Dog
Herbology, basically, is the use of herbs in the treatment of many types of illness. Herein the emphasis of treatment is based strongly on the specific use of herbal roots, flowers and leaves to stimulate the healing process.
Hamsters and their quest for world domination
"Hamsters?!" I hear you say. "Who cares about some fury little rodents.
Problem Barking-What to Do When Your Dogs Barking is The Neighborhood Nuisance
Puppies and dogs, as mentioned, are social creatures. Whenthey don't get the attention they need, then a bark is theirmethod of telling you something.
7 Good Reasons to Have Your Cat Spayed or Neutered
Every year, many cat owners decide to get their cat spayed or neutered. This decision is made for several different reasons, all of which illustrate why it is such a good idea.
Who Let The Dogs Out? Pointers For In Home Dog Training
Who let the dogs out?Remember this song which gave birth to a rather popular phrase some years back? Perhaps, its fame can be traced to how it struck a cord on our collective subconscious. After all, not a few of us fear the warpath of dogs gone wild.
Buster the Beloved Pussycat
"Dogs have owners; cats have staff," and I have worked for some wonderful cats in my time. The one I loved best was named Buster.
Pet Services Are A Multi-Billion-Dollar Industry
There are many of us who consider our pets as part of the family, and this is evidenced by a recent statistic that states 65% of all U.S.
Home Hazards That Can Affect Our Pets
Is your home safe for your Furr Kids? It might surprise you to know how many hazards there are in a typical home for the pets we love.Most everyone is aware that anti-freeze, pest sprays, rat poison and the like should be kept where no pet can get to them.
As our horses enjoy a longer life and many live well into old age so the number of horses with Cushing increases as its more common in older horses especially ponies. It can however affect all breeds and ages.
Here's a Way To Make Your Dog Love Its Dog Crate!
A dog crate is a necessity for your dog, through his puppy days and for his whole life. Your dog's ancestor, the wolf, had a den to call home, a place of safety.
Is There Taurine In Your Dogs Food?
Taurine, a water-soluble amino acid, has recently become the topic of conversation when referring to the nutritional composition that makes up the human and animal physical structure. Once thought of as an unimportant A.
How to Build a Dog House for Your Puppy
So you'd like to know how to build a dog house? Well, that means we're talking to less than 50% of all dog owners. Why? Because current survey information at OpinionTrone says most dog owners (over 50%) allow their pets on the family couch.
A Dog Day Care Franchise - Is It Really Worth It?
When you take into account that there are over 68,000,000 dogs in the United States alone, you can see why many people consider taking advantage of a dog day care franchise.However, before you even think about a dog day care franchise, please do a self evaluation and make sure you are doing it for the right reasons.
Goldfish Feeding Tips
What's the best food for your Goldfish?Goldfish need food that is a combination of carbohydrates and vitamins to help them grow and fight disease. They particularly need vitamin A to make their colors look bright.
Orthopedic Dog Beds
Many people consider their dog to be part of their family, and want to ensure his happiness and comfort. As dogs get older, they experience the same problems in their canine bodies as humans do.
PetManiacs.com's Free! Pet Classified Ads
Click here to Post your ads | View by Location | View by Subject
Click here to Post your ads | View by Location | View by Subject
Pet Website Owners Wanted
Pet Maniacs home | site map | Pet Article List